This year one of my dreams has come true. We went to Thailand, and I celebrated my birthday on a tiny island, eating a small cake after authentic Thai lunch.
Thailand was one of our first far-away destinations. We went there in 2011 on our honeymoon and the next year as well. We lived for a few days in Bangkok, Koh Chang, Pattaya, and Koh Samui.
This time we traveled to Krabi which is famous for its scenic and breathtaking Beaches and Islands. I saw the images and knew that this is the place I wanted to explore. One more reason to go there was that FlyDubai launched a new direct flight from Dubai to Krabi. That was a sign.
Overall, we spend a week there, exploring the district by car. We swam a lot during our day trips in Krabi.
The time we traveled was February.
We chose two places to stay. The first one was a very modest place. But I just wanted to have this experience. It was a small hut on a farm with a nice garden and sleeping rooms upstairs. The name of the place was “Baansuan Nateen Farmhouse Stay”. A very friendly Thai guy was our host. I believe he could have shown us a lot, but we were very busy with our own itinerary. We left the place early in the morning and got back late in the evening every day.
Our next stop was a hotel “Blu Monkey Pooltara Krabi Hotel and Villas”. An amazing place. It’s very important for me to have a cozy place to stay. Blu Monkey made our stay exceptional. With them, we booked a half-day trip to the islands as well. Apart from that there was a swimming pool, delicious breakfast and a river in jungles where you could kayak and this is what we did.
We spent my birthday with a “Boat and Beyond agency”. Highly recommend. A very unique experience.
But be sure to book the trip in advance:)
A list of places in Krabi we explored:
1. Emerald Pool in Khao Phra Bang Khram (half a day, go in the morning)
2. Hot streams in Khlong Thom Nuea, Khlong Thom District (second half of the day after Emerald Pool, the same direction). Don’t forget to take swimsuits!
3. Joy Beach. A nice place to have a dinner with a sunset. Recommended by our fist host who spent a lot of time there
4. Monkey Trail in Ao Nang (an adventurous trail to the beach, but the monkeys were quite aggressive with kids..)
6. Giant Catfish Farm (a very peculiar place, a bit scary!)
8. Wat Tham Suea (Tiger Cave Temple) – the stairs to the sky, I would say. A very long way up. I have no idea how we did it and how girls managed to ascend those stairs but the effort is totally worth it!
9. Khaothong Hill – an amazing mountain café with a breathtaking view.
10. Sa Kaeo – a nice place to explore caves without going too deep inside.
Places where we had lunch or dinner and enjoyed:
4) Mountain View restaurant Ao Nang. A lunch with delicious seafood for a good price (compared to Dubai)
5) Ao Nang Landmark Night Market – must visit in the evening (after 4 pm)
6) Yenly Yours Krabi Aonang – desserts with mango
7) Kung’s Authentic Thai Restaurant – cheap and delicious
We took two boat trips. One with “Boat and Beyond agency” and the second one with our hotel Blu Monkey Pooltara Krabi Hotel and Villas.
We visited these islands: Ko Poda, Ko Kai and Thale Waek
A second trip: Hong Island, Koh Lao and Koh Pakbia
All the photos were taken on a film camera.
If you want to license them you can do it on a webpage I will share. Please respect photographer's work and don't use them without a permission.